Monday, May 26, 2008

Bakery - Ann Geierman Personna

Dear Cousin Marie:
The service for poor Mr. Fox was well attended at the Methodist Episcopal Church. Rev. Malone was so kind in his words. I felt like my James was among Angels. I am never going to serve Oysters again. I feel like I must be jinxed. Mr. Smith died after I served him those Crabs and now my beloved Mr. Fox is dead too.
Mrs. White has a wonderful Bakery established in Columbia and has offered me employment. All the miners love her tasty Sugar Biscuits. It’s a fine business. I am to serve the customers, but she doesn’t want me helping in the kitchen. I don’t understand why, truly I am a good cook. I placed an ad expressing my desire to find another Husband. There are so many lonely men surely I’ll find the one the dear Lord intended. Pray for me cousin. Mr. Napoleon said the Foresters are still looking into my two claims, I know they will do what is right.

Fondly,

Cousin Ann
Columbia, California

No comments: